Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Green Curry with Shrimp

I'm sure you don't need me to remind you, but last week was the premiere of the second Sex and the City movie (squee!).


Now, I knew I wouldn't miss it, but I was lucky enough to go with my own group of great ladies. With 7 o'clock tickets, I also knew that I'd have to make a quick 'n' simple dinner. (No one likes coming home from a great night out to a loaded sink.) I decided to try this recipe (for 2) from the "Dinners in a Dash" section of our Bride and Groom cookbook. Quick, easy and awfully tasty, this lives up to the cookbook chapters' name! (P.S. What kinda woman are you? Check out the poll on the right-hand side of the main page!)

Ingredients:
  • (1) small yellow onion, chopped
  • (1) large garlic clove, chopped
  • 2 tsp all-purpose flour
  • 1C unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1C low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 tsp green curry paste
  • 1 (heaping) tsp sugar
  • (1) pkg. shrimp-flavored Ramen noodles
  • 1 (generous) tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 lb. peeled shrimp
  • 2 handfuls frozen peas
  • chopped basil or cilantro (for garnish)
Directions:
  1. Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil. 
  2. Sprinkle with 2 tsp flour and cook for 1 minute.
  3. Whisk in coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste, sugar, flavor packet from noodles, and lime juice.



  4. Bring to a boil and add the noodles. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
  5. Season shrimp with kosher salt and add to the pan.



  6. Stir in peas. Simmer until shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
  7. Stir and season to taste with kosher salt. 
  8. Garnish with chopped fresh basil or cilantro.

Et voila!

1 comment:

  1. Yum minus the cilantro for me. LoL. I love how you took a college staple and turned it into gourmet!

    ReplyDelete