I made this dish (from Bon Appetit, July 2010) the other night when my family went out. I didn't want to work too hard on a dinner for one, but I wanted it to be more than a turkey sandwich or popcorn (don't judge). This recipe was as easy as it was tasty. It's great the next day, too!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/3 C peach preserves
- 1/3 C peach nectar (**I didn't have this, nor could I find it. I just mixed peach preserves and honey. Same diff, right?)
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
- 2 tsp EVOO, plus additional for brushing
- 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 large peaches, rinsed, fuzz wiped away, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin (**I'm a boneless, skinless kinda girl. Do what you like!)
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray. (I used a grill pan.) Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Stir preserves, next 3 ingredients, 2 tsp oil, and chopped cilantro in medium bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/4 C dressing to small bowl.
- Brush peaches, then chicken with oil and dressing from small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill peaches until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place 1 chicken breast on each of 4 plates. Surround with peaches. Drizzle dressing from medium bowl over chicken and peaches. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.