Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grilled Chicken and Peaches with Chipotle-Peach Dressing

Like many, I love grilled fruits and vegetables in the summer. There's just something about the caramel-y effect it has, the way it smells, and it's beautiful plated.

I made this dish (from Bon Appetit, July 2010) the other night when my family went out. I didn't want to work too hard on a dinner for one, but I wanted it to be more than a turkey sandwich or popcorn (don't judge). This recipe was as easy as it was tasty. It's great the next day, too!

Ingredients:
  • Nonstick vegetable oil spray
  • 1/3 C peach preserves
  • 1/3 C peach nectar (**I didn't have this, nor could I find it. I just mixed peach preserves and honey. Same diff, right?)
  • 4 tsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
  • 2 tsp EVOO, plus additional for brushing
  • 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
  • 3 large peaches, rinsed, fuzz wiped away, each cut into 8 wedges
  • 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin (**I'm a boneless, skinless kinda girl. Do what you like!)
Directions:
  1. Coat grill rack with nonstick spray. (I used a grill pan.) Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Stir preserves, next 3 ingredients, 2 tsp oil, and chopped cilantro in medium bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/4 C dressing to small bowl.
  2. Brush peaches, then chicken with oil and dressing from small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill peaches until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
  3. Place 1 chicken breast on each of 4 plates. Surround with peaches. Drizzle dressing from medium bowl over chicken and peaches. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. 
Et voila!


Linked to: 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I will have to give this a try. My fridge is broken and I have to wait until Sat until the landlord can buy a new one so dinners have been put on hold for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous and I rarely use that word (fab). I love fruit with chicken. It does something magic to it and I am betting, this was pure magic.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete