Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
- 24 oz. (1 1/2 lbs) chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz frozen corn (*We use canned.)
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt in the crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- A half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Adjust salt and seasoning.
- Serve over rice with cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese.