From SkinnyTaste, I present: an uber delicious, multi-purpose homemade pumpkin butter! (Try this on toast, crepes, in your yogurt, or use to make pumpkin-spiced coffees, cream cheese spreads, or in a cheesecake!)
- 3 1/2 C pumpkin puree, or (1) 29 oz. can - NOT pumpkin pie filling (*The really helpful tutorial I used to make pumpkin puree can be found here at Chef In You.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C apple cider or apple juice
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks (*You can use ground cinnamon, but the sticks are more festive.)
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
- Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, cider/juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir frequently!
- Adjust spices to your taste.