Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homemade Pumpkin Butter

(All this talk of sweets and I had totally forgotten to share the recipe for homemade pumpkin butter! That's just wrong!)

From SkinnyTaste, I present: an uber delicious, multi-purpose homemade pumpkin butter! (Try this on toast, crepes, in your yogurt, or use to make pumpkin-spiced coffees, cream cheese spreads, or in a cheesecake!)

Ingredients:

  • 3 1/2 C pumpkin puree, or (1) 29 oz. can - NOT pumpkin pie filling (*The really helpful tutorial I used to make pumpkin puree can be found here at Chef In You.)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 C apple cider or apple juice
  • 1 C packed brown sugar
  • 2-3 cinnamon sticks (*You can use ground cinnamon, but the sticks are more festive.)
  • 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
Directions:
  1. Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, cider/juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well.
  2. Bring mixture to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
  4. Stir frequently!
  5. Adjust spices to your taste. 
 
Et voila!
(My newest addition to the kitchen - a little air-tight, light-tight cannister I picked up at the "one-coin" ¥100 store!)

Shared here:



 
The Girl Creative
MangoesandChutney


9 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to make pumpkin butter. This recipe looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM! I just made apple butter for the first time about a week ago, and obviously my next adventure needs to be pumpkin butter. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love some of this on my toast. For that matter, it looks so good that I could eat it straight too. Just to let you know, I'll be holding a CSN giveaway on my blog next week Monday, so check back then for a chance to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is brilliant. I've never heard of pumpkin butter. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic! I'm so glad you shared your recipe with Friday Potluck - though it's noon, I haven't had breakfast yet and I could totally go for this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo sounds yummy! I am gonna make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! You should link up at Fat Camp Fridays as well!
    http://www.mangoesandchutney.com/2010/11/fat-camp-friday-3-chocked-full-o-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooooooo pumpkin butter...me want some.

    came around from Fat Camp Friday :)

    ReplyDelete