Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Choco-Chip Cookies

I still have a huge plastic bowl full of homemade pumpkin butter and I have been Halloween-bent on using it!

I got this recipe (thank you!) from Kari, another Marine wife here on Okinawa. Her blog, Cloudy with a Chance of Crazy, has some really fantastic bento box ideas for kids.

Because these cookies are made from spice cake mix, they have a unique texture to them. They're light and fluffy with rich, creamy chocolate treasures tucked in them.

Ingredients:

  • 2 boxes spice cake mix
  • 1 large can pumpkin pie mix
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (*I really, strongly, highly recommend you go for the full two. I doubt you'll have any complaints.)
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Combine all the ingredients.
      
  3. Drop balls 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.


  4. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
  5. Enjoy!
(Sorry, no photos of the grand finale this time. They quickly got boxed up and shipped out with hubby to share with his commute buddies!)

4 comments:

  1. I bet these are delicious - spice cake, pumpkin and chocolate chips. How could they no be? They're so easy too. Bonus! Thanks for sharing with us, I bet hubby and his buddies loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recipes that are quick and easy. I think I would go for those two cups of chocolate chips too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylie! I loved checking your blog from the Philippines and seeing what you and Adam were up to! Did you make the pumpkin butter recipe from Skinny Taste also??? I saw the recipe on the website but I couldn't find any more canned pumpkin at the commissary. I love pumpkin and really want to try the recipe as well as all the other yummy ones that I have seen you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda: Let's just say that tupperware box came back sans *crumbs!*

    Clare: I'm so glad you checked it out! The pumpkin butter recipe is up now (it should be the first post on the main page or you can find it to the left in the drop-down menu under "Sweets, Snacks, & Beverages." No canned pumpkin at the commissary (major bummer), but the pumpkin puree-ing is pretty straightforward. The pumpkin butter post has a link to a great tutorial! WELCOME HOME! :)

    ReplyDelete