This recipe (again, from SkinnyTaste) is the perfect fix. Made with fresh pumpkin butter, it uses ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. It's also a great way to share the "gourmet" taste with guests in your home. (And, of course, it's really perfect for those of us in Okinawa who have Starbucks, but no special seasonal drinks!)
- 1 1/2 C fat free milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar (or sugar substitute), to taste
- 1/4 C espresso (or, if you're like me and don't have an espresso machine, 1/2 C strong-brewed coffee)
- fat free whipped topping
- pumpkin pie spice for topping
- In a small pan combine milk, pumpkin butter, and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth (or whisk well with a wire whisk). *This is important as not blending well will give a grainy texture you really don't want.
- Pour into two mugs, add the hot espresso (or coffee), and top with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top.
Some of my favorite mugs ...