I like to plan picnics on the beach. (I'm not saying they always happen, but there are well-intentioned plans for them.) One of my favorite picnic staples is chicken salad. It's always refreshing on a summer day and a good way to get more fruits/veggies into a meal. This recipe (from AllRecipes) is a tasty twist on the usual chicken salad. (As they recommended, it's best to make this the night before and let the flavors mesh and bolden!) It's yummy on pita bread or croissants.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced (I like two.)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 Golden Delicious apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 C golden raisins
- 1/3 C seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 C chopped toasted pecans
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 C light mayonnaise (I'm a Miracle Whip kinda girl.)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Cover and chill.