- 1/4 C EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 - 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- salt and black pepper
- 1 C chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 - 28 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 C plain yogurt
- Heat the EVOO in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the chickpeas and onions in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add them to the pot and cook for 5 minutes to sweeten the onions.
- Season the chickpeas with the cumin, cardamom, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the stock, then the tomatoes, and simmer the soup for 5 to 10 minutes to combine the flavors.
- Serve it with a dollop of yogurt on top.
My apologies (again) for not having a photo. For a week or two, I was feeling a little hopeless with this blog. I wish I had a better "relationship" with viewers/followers - as in, I wish I knew who you were, what you want to see, what you're reading, etc. So, while I may not have a photo of this soup, I do have a warm wish for any/all readers to feel the warmth (even if it's solely on the inside) as the holidays move into a full swing.