Makes 16 bars
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 5 hours
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 20 "chocolate wafer cookies" (*We LOVE Oreos!)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 2 packages bar cream cheese, (8 oz. each)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend cookies with sugar until finely ground (you should have about 1 C crumbs); add butter, and pulse until moistened.
- Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake until fragrant and slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese in food processor; blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl; microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add 1 C pumpkin mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour remaining pumpkin mixture into prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Cover, chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Using overhang, transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares. Serve.