Prep time: 15 min.
Total time: 1 hour
Servings: 2.5 full-size, 4 as an appe-teaser
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 lb round steak, cut into strips
- 6 C water
- 5 cubes beef bouillon
- 4 oz. linguine pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 C fat-free beef broth
- 1 C fresh mushrooms, sliced (*I omit.)
- 1/2 C sliced green onion
- 1 lb broccoli, separated into florets
- In a shallow glass dish or bowl, stir together the soy sauce, Italian dressing, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger. Place steak strips in the mixture to marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the beef is marinating, combine the bouillon cubes in water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, and add pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove beef from marinade with a slotted spoon and place in the hot skillet. Discard marinade.
- Cook beef, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mostly browned. Stir in the beef broth, mushrooms and green onions, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add broccoli, and cook until broccoli is bright green and tender but still crisp.
- Add drained linguine, toss, and serve.