- 1/2 C frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 C finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 2 frozen vegetable burgers (*We use Garden Veggie Patties from MorningStar Farms.)
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (6"), cut in half to form pockets
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- (*We also add shredded cheddar cheese.)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-quart saucepan, mix corn, bell pepper, vinegar, chili powder and cumin. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Cover and grill burgers over medium heat 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until heated through. (*We skip this step and just heat the patties in the microwave.)
- Cut burgers in half. Place each burger half in pita bread pocket. Top with corn mixture, sour cream and cheese.
(Ok, so my end-product photos were lousy, but here's a little color to make up for it!)