Hubby found this recipe on Pillsbury's website about four years ago when we were dating and learning how to cook together. It was this recipe that taught us what prosciutto is! It was also this recipe that caused my love affair with feta.
It is unbelievably easy and the perfect finger food for guests. It's also ready to plate -- it can go straight from the oven to the platter.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 - 8 oz. can refrigerated Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 lb. prosciutto or cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1 C (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Heat oven to 375. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray. Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles; place on lightly floured surface. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Press or roll each to form 8x5-inch rectangle.
- Arrange 1/4 of prosciutto slices evenly over each rectangle. In small bowl, mix cheese, pepper and oil. Sprinkle mixture evenly over prosciutto on each rectangle. Sprinkle with basil.
- Starting at short side of each rectangle, roll up; seal edges. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 5 pieces. Place, cut side up, on cookie sheets. (*Mine were a little messy ... I had company coming and I was trying to get them in the oven so I could have 15 minutes to straighten up the kitchen!)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets. Serve warm.