To make amends, I'm sharing this AWESOME recipe from Pillsbury. As you know, I've recently returned to a meatless diet and, in doing so, have been on the hunt for not just nutritious, but delicious meals. Here's one I am already dying to make again!
Prep time: 20 min.
Total time: 50 min.
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 - 11 oz. can Green Giant Mexicorn Whole Kernel Corn, Red and Green Peppers, drained
- 1 C Old El Paso Thick 'n' Chunky Salsa
- 5 1/3 oz. firm (*or extra firm) tofu, drained, cut into 1/4"-cubes (about 3/4 C)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 12 - 6" corn tortillas, heated
- 1 - 10 oz. can Old El Paso red Enchilada Sauce
- 8 oz. (2 C) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 C reduced-fat sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, corn, salsa, tofu, salt and hot pepper sauce; toss to mix.
- Spoon 1/3 C tofu mixture down center of each warm tortilla; roll up.
- Place, seam side down, in sprayed baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes or until enchiladas are thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream.