Two silly melons - Kara and Me!
What better way to end the day than with, brace yourself, a:
Cafe au Lait Milk with Tapioca and Soft Serve.
If I was cooking a little more (I've been on a slight hiatus since hubby left), I would have left with armfuls of fresh food, especially cilantro. This is a great recipe (from Bon Appetit, July 2010) for using that fresh cilantro!
- 1 1/4 C (packed) fresh cilantro leaves plus 1/4 C chopped
- 1/4 C (scant) chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp chopped, seeded jalapeno chile
- 1/2 C plus 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp tequila
- 1/4 C crumbled Cotija cheese or feta cheese
- Blend 1 1/4 C cilantro leaves and next four ingredients in food processor until coarse puree forms. With machine running, gradually add 1/2 C EVOO. Season generously with salt. Cover and chill. (Pesto can be made one day ahead.)
- Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbsp EVOO in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; add tequila. Return skillet to heat and stir until sauce is syrupy, about 30 seconds. Add pesto; stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to sauce in skillet; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta and shrimp among 4 plates. Sprinkle Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro over and serve.