Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Ready in: 4 hours, 45 minutes
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 3/4 C shortbread cookies, crushed (*I use graham cracker crumbles.)
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
Ingredients for Cheesecake:
- 3 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1 - 15 oz. can Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 C Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C crushed toffee candies (Read: Heath bar!)
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 - 8 oz. container sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1" up side of 9" springform pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- For cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
- For topping: Combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.