Now that it's almost lunch time, I'm ready for a light, preferably chilled lunch and this recipe (from Rachael Ray) came to mind.
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- t tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/3 lb thin spaghetti, cooked to al dente, drained and cooled
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, cayenne, oil and sesame oil in small bowl.
- Add cooked noodles and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle noodles with sesame seeds and scallion to garnish.
Or, perhaps this dish is too light for your growling belly. Try topping it with stir-fried veggies.
Short on time? Nuke a frozen bag of 'em and then add to the noodles.