Thursday, April 21, 2011

Strawberry and Feta Salad

It's another sunny day in Okinawa - yay! - and while I've recovered from a nasty bout of bronchitis, I still feel like I need some extra fresh, healthy options to keep my energy and immunity up.  This salad (from AllRecipes) is perfect! It's also incredibly simple to throw together so it's a great salad recipe when you're trying to come up with a quick dinner or side.

Prepped and ready in: 15 minutes


Ingredients:

  • 1 C slivered almonds
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 C raspberry vinegar
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 C vegetable oil
  • 1 head romaine lettuce, torn (*For the sake of time, I use bagged salad.)
  • 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 1 C crumbled feta cheese
Directions:
  1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, toast the almonds, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
  2. In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
  3. In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese. Cover with dressing mixture and toss to serve. 
Et voila!

(Forgive my lack of lovely serveware. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect everyday salad bowl and tongs.)

2 comments:

  1. Feta!!! I am in. Don't say now more. Seriously though, this salad looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Kaylee, I'm going to have to try it!
    Megan Parker

    ReplyDelete