This recipe comes from The Bride and Groom First & Forever cookbook we received from a catering company we were interviewing for our wedding. The macadamias give it the perfect crunch, the goat cheese gives it the perfect earthiness, and the mango (canned peaches work great, too) just brings it on home. Please do yourself a favor and try this as soon as you can ... outside!
Mighty Mint Vinaigrette
Makes: 1 C
- 3/4 C EVOO
- 1/2 C firmly packed fresh mint leaves (*Even if you don't have fresh mint leaves, this vinaigrette is perfect with the salad!)
- 1/4 Cwhite wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Combine the olive oil and mint in a blender and blend until pureed, about 15 seconds.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, honey, kosher salt, and pepper to taste and blend until just incorporated, about 5 seconds. Do not overblend or the vinaigrette will be too thick. The vinaigrette will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
Butter Lettuce with Mango, Goat Cheese, and Vinaigrette
- 4 C lightly packed torn butter lettuce leaves
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 C roughly chopped mango (*Again, canned peaches are great, too!)
- 1/4 - 1/2 C macadamia nuts, roasted and salted, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese (*We use a LOT more. Do it "to taste.")
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onions, both white and green parts
- 3 tbsp mighty mint vinaigrette, or as needed
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl and season lightly with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mango, macadamia nuts, goat cheese, and green onions and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Serve immediately.
(P.S. Check out my new everyday salad gear I purchased at the Marine Gift Shop!)